Thursday, March 19, 2009

Message from the Editor

Here the "Message from the editor" section from the Through the keyhole - 25 years of Keycon Memories

"This history was not written by professionals but by individuals, using their memories and past writings. It is not intended to be a definitive history of KeyCon. May it recall fond memories for each of you.

I truly wish this book could contain even more memories, stories, pictures and artwork created by this volunteer group, but alas with the time constraints and the laws of quantum physics (there are no time machines . . . yet) we were only able to do so much. The 25th anniversary book committee was given a specific mandate to gather the memories and remembrances of the con-chairs and guests from the past twenty-five years of KeyCon, and we hope we have done KeyCon proud.

Since my original involvement in KeyCon was limited it made the task of editing and compiling in some respects easier but harder in other respects very hard. Easier because I was not caught up in the politics of the situation, not aligned to any one group or person. So I was not afraid to cut or add peoples’ comments. On the other hand it was more work to check dates, confirm places and locations (which Holiday Inn? it used be called the Delta what?, who is Evil Dave...?) more fun - yes that’s what I‘ll call it. Also I would like to thank those Senators who answered my mundane (ha ha) questions about facts and dates. Your help to me was always timely and greatly appreciated.

I would also like to personally thank my Copy Editor Victor Schwartzman for all his hard work, reading my babble is a task unto itself. I thank you for your patience, ideas and guidance. You have made this process fun and enjoyable. I’d do it again with you . . . in another 25 years."

No comments:

Post a Comment